vrt v juliju / our garden in July 2020

Ta mesec smo končali s preurejanjem dvorišča. Nekatere rože sem zaradi del na dvorišču posadila šele v začetku julija, zato so še vedno majhne. Sedaj cveti ameriški slamnik. Ker mi je zelo všeč, sem kupila nekaj sadik različnih barv.

We finished rearranging our front yard this month. Due to this works I've planted some flowers in the beginning of the month, but they are still small. In this time of the year Echinacea Purpurea is blooming. I like these flowers, so I've bought some more, but in different colour.

Pred hišo cveti sivka. Vonj je res poseben, pa tudi čebel je veliko.

A big lavender bush is blooming in front of our house. The scent of lavender is amazing.

Cvetijo tudi nekatere druge rože, čeprav so še majhne.
Also some other flowers are blooming, although they are still small.

Nekatere pridelke na zelenjavnem vrtu že pobiramo: grah, stročji fižol, paradajz, papriko...

We are harvesting some crops in vegetable garden: beans, garlic, green beans, tomatoes and peppers. 

Pred tremi leti sem kupila limon. Vsako leto julija odrežem majhno vejo (ne do konca, veja ostane povezana z drevesom) in jo posadim v majhen lonec. Tam se ukorenini. Konec poletja mali limon samostojno raste v loncu.
I've bought a lemon tree three years ago. Each year in July I cut a little branch (just a little, the branch remains attached to the tree) and plant it in a litlle pot. By the end of the summer the branch grows roots and a new little lemon tree can grow by itself.

Jabolka, kivi in našiji so že precej zrasli. Mi pa uživamo v obilju fig.

The apples, kiwi fruits and nashi pears are quite big. We and lots of birds enjoy figs.

Pravzaprav je dobro, če si julija na vrtu tudi malo odpočijemo. 

Anyway, July is meant to relax in the garden, too.


Comments

  1. Your front yard is so colourful! I have never seen beans that colour do uou dry the beans or cook them fresh? Your tomato crop looks amazing and you lemon tree experiment seems to be working well. Hope you have time to relax in August in your garden too! Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! This type of beans is cooked fresh, different types are used dried.

    ReplyDelete
  3. how beautiful your garden has beautiful flowers and the many vegetables delicious but also a lot of work, I think it's great. Well the hammock is what I would like to relax in.
    Nice posting from your beautiful garden!
    Have a nice Weekend
    Greetings Elke

    ReplyDelete
  4. Echinacea purpurea and Lavender are so beautiful but somehow they don't like to grow in my garden... So many goodies you are able to harvest! A good idea of rooting baby lemons. There is every summer something to rearrange in the garden - but let's enjoy and be lazy too! Thank you for linking, have a pleasant weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, that's a lot of good stuff in your garden! Your lovely photos make me wish spring would show up here soon :) I love nashi pears!

    I'm so happy to see your link at 'My Corner of the World' this week!! Thanks for linking up with us.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am impressed with the large lavender plant! I have never had any success with it. My son gave me one recently in a large pot and it is sitting on my porch. It smells wonderful every time I walk in the front door. Maybe for once I can keep one alive.
    Jeannie@GetMeToTheCountry

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What do you do about the potato beetle? Do they eat the leaves or do they eat the potatoes also? I don't have them yet, but if it is a horrible pest, it will find my garden!
      Jeannie

      Delete
    2. Potato beetles eat leaves. We pick them by hand. You are lucky that they didn't find your garden.

      Delete
    3. I will be looking for them now and will be ready when they do arrive. Thanks.
      Jeannie

      Delete
  7. Lots of great stuff in your garden! Love the photos!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Some of my favorite plants... Love...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful blooms, delicious harvests.

    ReplyDelete
  10. colorful flowers....fruits so appealing...
    thank you for sharing beautiful images

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your garden is so colourful and abundant with beautiful vegetables. I am glad you are taking time to relax in the garden as well.

    -Soma

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hvala. Vesela sem vašega komentarja.
Thank you for commenting my blog.

Popular Posts