our garden in February 2024

The spring flowers emerging are good to see! Although only a few daffodils are blooming in my garden we know the long winter days are coming to an end. Observing spring flowers always makes me enthusiastic about working in the garden.
Kako lepe so pomladne cvetlice! Na vrtu so zacvetele prve narcise, kar je očiten znak, da se zima bliža koncu. In mene pomladno cvetje me vedno znova navduši nad vrtnarjenjem.
The weather here was funny. At the beginning of the month it has been warm and sunny, and I was under the impression that I’m behind with my garden work. But later it was rainy and stormy, and I wonder if I pruned the trees too early. February was also unusually warm. As a consequence, our apricot tree has started to bloom.
Februar je bil nenavadno topel, zato je marelica že začela cveteti. Vreme je bilo prav smešno. Na začetku meseca toplo in sončno, tako, da se mi je že zdelo, da zamujam z deli na vrtu. Kasneje pa je postalo deževno, imeli smo celo nevihte in jaz sem že mislila, da sem prezgodaj obrezala sadno drevje. Zaradi nenavadno toplega februarja je že zacvetela naša marelica.
We still have lots of winter salads.
Še vedno imamo veliko zimskih solat.
We planted peas and some garlic outside and planted peppers and tomato seeds indoors at the beginning of the month. In the last few days, I managed to pot the seedlings. In April they will be transplanted in the greenhouse. At the moment the tomato plants are tiny and fragile and it's incredible how strong and big they are going to grow in a few months.
Na vrtu sem posadila grah in se nekaj česna, v toplem stanovanju pa sem že v začetku meseca posejala paradižnik, jajčevce in papriko. Te dni sem male rastlinice že posadila v lončke. Tako bodo pripravljene, da jih v aprilu presadimo v rastlinjak. Zdaj so sadike paradižnika tako majhne, nežne in krhke in kar neverjetno je, kako velike in močne postanejo v le nekaj mesecih.
Last year we had an abundance of kiwifruits. So, we sliced the fruits and dehydrated them. Dried kiwifruits are always a wonderful option for an afternoon snack.
Še vedno imamo veliko kivija iz lanskega leta. Nekaj smo ga narezali in posušili. Suhe sadne rezine so odlične za popoldanski prigrizek.
Apparently, I'm not the only one who loves flowers.
Očitno pa rože niso všeč samo meni.


Comments

  1. You are well into spring. So fortunate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is an impressive harvest of kiwis!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dehydrate kiwi? I didn't know that was possible. That is something I will be trying this year when they are in season and back in the stores.
    Jeannie@GetMeToTheCountry

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your crocus look beautiful I love the colour combination! You have been busy planting seeds. I have only done my sweet peas and they have become too leggy! Your cat is so handsome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello, Margi - My February was strange; heat like early summer and frigid cold came in turn and many rainy days. These days, it’s so cold with flurry of snowflakes. Your Apricot buds look just like Ume, Japanese apricot, which already passed their peak. I wonder how is your garden now. I remember the chewy texture of the dried kiwis when I once tasted.
    Yoko

    ReplyDelete
  6. omg.The kiwis pic is amazing...and the garden shots are lovely too #GardenAffair

    ReplyDelete
  7. I thought that I had posted a comment previously. I just love the magical arrival of flowering bulbs in spring. So tenacious. I am amazed by the abundance of kiwi fruit that you have grown.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful blooms, we are also experiencing unusual weather conditions. I have never tried dried kiwis looks interesting. Thanks for sharing with Garden Affair.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hvala. Vesela sem vašega komentarja.
Thank you for commenting my blog.

Popular Posts