mountain hut Hlek

It was sunny Sunday morning and I simply couldn’t stay at home. This time I walked alone accompanied only by my camera. I started from the center of Kobarid and then I was climbing over quite a steep slope through the forest for some time. Finally I reached the mountain ridge. The second part of the path along the ridge to the bivouac was easy and undemanding with wonderful views on the valley. During the hike I met only one deer and she was even more frightened of me than I was of her. The bivouac is like a cottage from a fairy tale. It is located near old trees and there are benches in front of it.. I also took a look inside it.
Sončno nedeljsko jutro me je zvabilo v hribe. Tokrat sem pot prehodila sama v družbi mojega fotoaparata. Hoditi sem začela iz centra Kobarida. Pot se je kar nekaj časa precej strmo vzpenjala skozi gozd in me pripeljana na greben, od koder so čudoviti razgledi po dolini. Drugi del poti po grebenu do bivaka je bil precej položen in nezahteven. Med potjo sem srečala samo eno srnico, ki se je mene še bolj ustrašila kot jaz nje. Bivak Hlek je kot hišica iz pravljice. Nahaja se v bližini starih dreves, pred njim so klopce… Pokukala sem tudi v notranjost.
To reach the top of mountain Stol it is necessary to walk for another two hours from this point, but I didn’t continue there. Near the bivouac, there are wonderful views of the Nadiža valley, towards mt. Stol, over river Soča and towards mt. Krn.
Od bivaka do vrha Stola sta še malo manj kot dve uri, ampak tokrat nisem bila namenjena tja. V bližini pa krasni razgledi na dolino Nadiže, proti Stolu, proti Soči in Krnskemu pogorju.
This huge old tree is a pussy willow growing in the snow-covered hill and already blooming.
Tole ogromno drevo je vrba, ki v tem času že cveti. 
Hiking from Kobarid to the bivouac Hlek usually takes a little more than two hours. Because of snow, walking was a little more difficult and slower so it took me more than three hours to get there and it is necessary to overcome 990 m altitude. Anyway, if you go there, don’t forget your camera.
Za pot iz Kobarida do bivaka Hlek navadno pot potrebujemo malo več kot dve uri, jaz sem malo več kot tri, saj je hoditi po snegu malo težje in počasneje. Premagati pa je potrebno 990 m nadmorske višine. Pa ne pozabite na fotoaparat, če se odpravite tja.




Comments

  1. So beautiful, I love the last photo ...

    Hugs
    Anke

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quite a feat! Well worth it too. I envy your mountains! Breathtaking!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a glorious place for a hike and a great place to be able to stay overnight. In England we usually refer to such places as a "mountain hut", or in Scotland a "bothy" (rhymes with frothy). A bivouac is more usually an improvised shelter or sometimes refers to a waterproof cover for a sleeping bag so you can sleep outside.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your explanation. Before posting I was thinking which word to use; bivouac or hut. On different internet pages the word bivouac is used for this particular shelter (https://www.hike.uno/mountain/bivak_hlek/1/764), so I decided for bivouac (except in the title). Here a mountain hut is usually a bigger hut with food service. 

      Delete
  4. So glad you didn't forget your camera. I particularly love your final image.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hvala. Vesela sem vašega komentarja.
Thank you for commenting my blog.

Popular Posts