vrt v maju / our garden in May 2020

V maju se je na našem vrtu veliko dogajalo. Dozorele so jagode in češnje, ki so moje najljubše sadje. letos jih je res veliko, dovolj tudi za ptice.
There was a lot to see and enjoy in our garden in May. We enjoyed strawberries and cherries, which are one of my favourite fruits. This year there are enough cherries for us and for the birds, too.
Vrtnice so zacvetele in
The roses are blooming and
paradajz raste zelo hitro. Doma narejeno gnojilo iz kopriv dela čudeže.
the tomatoes are growing very fast. Homemade fertilizer from nettles works miracles. 
Kot vsako leto smo tudi letos naredili sirup iz bezga. Tudi sirup iz melise je okusen.
Like every year we made a syrup using elderflower. The syrup made from balm mint is also delicious.
Naša hiša je na koncu vasi, zato nas velikokrat k nam pridejo sramežljivi obiskovalci.
Our house is located at the edge of the village, so many shy visitors come to us.
Od nekdaj občudujem travniške rože. Ivanščice so na naših travnikih zelo pogoste, nasprotno pa so maki precej redki. Med sprehodom po okolici s prijateljico mi je pokazala tole makovo polje. Kaj ni čudovito?
I have always admired wild flowers. Marguerite daisies are very common in our meadows; on the contrary, poppies are truly rare. During walking with my friend around the neighbourhood she showed me this poppy field. Isn't it wonderful?



Comments

  1. It is lovely to see your May garden with the beautiful roses and strawberries. We only have lots of green strawberries at the moment! Wow your poppy field looks amazing especially with the mountains in the background. Take care. Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poppies are pretty, but the mountains are magnificent!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the poppy field! A few years ago I planted a few in my garden to harvest the seeds. Poppy seeds are extremely expensive at my area grocery stores. One of the seeds missed being harvested and I saw it bloom out in my pasture a few weeks a go. I left it in hopes more seeds will spread and it will become a beautiful poppy field some day. I'm not willing to throw any out myself because they are too pricey and are needed for cooking.
    Jeannie@GetMeToTheCountry

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hvala. Vesela sem vašega komentarja.
Thank you for commenting my blog.

Popular Posts