our garden in April 2023

The tulips are blooming in a rainbow of colors in the garden despite the quite cold and rainy April. I’m glad I’ve planted a lot of bulbs in the autumn.
Zadnji mesec je bil precej hladen in deževen, ampak na vrtu so zacveteli raznobarvni tulipani. Vesela sem, da sem jeseni sem posadila precej čebulic.
A lot of work still must be done. Because of the cold the plants are emerging and growing rather slowly, and my gardening is progressing slowly as well. Strawberries are blooming and I haven’t planted tomatoes as well as peppers yet, because of the low night-time temperatures.
Dela ne vrtu je še veliko. Zaradi mraza rastline počasi poganjajo in rastejo in tudi moje delo napreduje bolj počasi. Zacvetele so jagode, paradižnikov in paprik pa si zaradi nizkih nočnih temperatur na vrt še ne upam posaditi.
Besides other fruit trees, Asimina is also blooming. Its dark red flowers are something completely different in comparison with the other trees.
Poleg ostalega sadnega drevja je zacvetele tudi asimina. Njeni temni rdeči cvetovi so nekaj posebnega, čisto drugačni od ostalih dreves.
The neighboring meadows are yellow and white, and if you look very closely, you can also find some hidden blue flowers.
Sosednji travniki so rumeni pa beli in če pogledamo zelo natančno, se najde tudi kakšna skrita modra cvetlica.




 


Comments

  1. You have such a beautiful display of tulips. Each year I wish I had planted more! The neighbouring meadows are so lovely too, it's wonderful that the winter is over and there is still so much promise to come! Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a delight to visit your spring garden, margi. We are visiting our family on Prince Edward Island much later this year, so I will miss the joy of watching nature wake up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It’s looking beautiful out there. Those tulips are gorgeous and I love the view of the mountains. B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your strawberry bed looks very similar to mine except you have many more plants than I. Great minds run in the same direction.

    I love your mountain views and wish we lived closer to mountains. Looking off in the distance fills me with awe. We have discussed moving to the mountains but just the thought of packing up the basement and garage fills my heart with dread.
    Jeannie@GetMeToTheCountry

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glorious! You have a riot of colour in your garden. I love when the fields are covered in blooms! That still lies in store for us. Meanwhile, enjoy it while it lasts!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear friend, your garden is amazin with all these wonderful tulips and old trees and the raising beeds made with love. Everything is perfect imperfect, the way I love it.
    Have a wonderful May and enjoy your garden paradise.
    All my best
    Elisabeth

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful variety of flowers. Your photos are lovely. I love spring time. Take care, enjoy your day and have a happy week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful to see snow capped mountains!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a colorful garden! My strawberries are blooming white, too. Snow-capped mountains and yellow meadow dotted with blue… so beautiful and dreamy.

    Yoko

    ReplyDelete
  10. There are such lovely springtime blooms here to see. I enjoyed your post.

    Thank you for sharing and being part at
    MosaicMonday.

    Have a wonderful week.
    Greetings by Heidrun

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hvala. Vesela sem vašega komentarja.
Thank you for commenting my blog.

Popular Posts